Saturday, October 10, 2009

Been a bit preoccupied...

Furniture Notsobad

Furniture, NotSoBad, artwork Aruba deCuir


Furniture from Belle Belle, NotsoBad, Cream Shop, two talented designers on slexchange, artwork by one of the most kickass people I know the lovely, generous, divine Ms. Aruba DeCuir.



The Tea Room furniture from Belle Belle, and NotsoBad




Living room NotsoBad, BelleBelle, Kustenhammer.












Hello People! How is everyone? Yes, I have fallen off the diligent blogger wagon. I have nothin but love and respect for those who blog multiple times aday. Unfortunately for myself, I am neither witty enough, nor photographically talented enough to bust out more than three posts a week. Plus you know there is RL, and that can always get into the way. I have not just been being lazy, cross my heart, I recently acquired a Homestead Sim, and have been trying to figure out what to do with it. I bought the sim, about four weeks ago...drum roll please, and have finally furnished my house. Thank you, Thank you. So I thought I would take a few pics, in celebration of the event and will take more, I am sure in the future. I love taking pics, practice practice practice, may get me up to four postings a week. I think that landscaping, interior design, and architecture, are what make SL freakin amazing, and for creatively challenged people like myself it makes you feel as though "you have created something".


I found this great low prim house, the designer has several modfiable low prim builds, as in under 100l and if you need a little cottage, or want to go all out with a haunted house. I wanted a home that looked one way on the outside and totally different on the inside, I spent days looking at barns etc, but I have to say for the price, the quality and low primmage I recommend this builder. I have two super cool neighbors on the homestead, and might take some pics of there homes another time, if they let me.


I decided to write this post, because I feel like home and garden stuff is overlooked sometimes in SL when it comes to blogging. If you are like me and my friend Vik, blog whores I mean... often times we can only consult the fabulous and divine Elle Kirshner (hope I spelled it right, owner and Blogger of SecondSpaces, I litterally bow down to her in my most perfect Garth pose from Wayne and Garth, and say I am so not worthy), and when you are looking for home furnishings etc...well I check the Second Spaces Blog, and that's about it.




Here are the Slurls, any particular questions just send me a message



The Slurl's






Both of these stores are freakin incredible.

NotsoBad, has hq textured furniture, with great menu's so you can change and customize your look...if you want to have a decadent warm look in your home, run now...get that wallet open though, and I highly recommend if you get the curtains, which add so much demension to the house, just shell out for the copyable, they change size, color, they can solve world peace.

BelleBelle is so freakin affordable, has great group gifts...the fantasy store...is

is crazy goodness, and where I picked up most of my stuff....The Marakesch set, and the Steampunk set, but she has a neko set, and some other period pieces, so head on over to atleast be inspired.
The Builds by Camellia Llewyn.
*her stuff is so affordable all under 400L and.... LOW PRIM!

Beaded Curtain, which I love and makes me feel like I am a teenager again...that was only like 5 years ago, okay more like 10. Head on over and check out their merchandise, if you have been hunting and hunting for something to add to your home decor wise...but aren't sure where to get it, it might just be at Kunstkammer
Fireplace in bedroom
Tiki Tattoo made Hatzfeld Runo, If you have a tropical beach sim, check this man's stuff out.

The Umbrella Stand
The lighting by Raquel Gagliano, and you can find her super affordable low primmy morrocaney lights at
The Textures
Textures r us - flooring ...Look on slexchange or google them and look at their website, I repeat do not go to the store unless you have a high powered computer, looks at her piddly lap top. If you do not follow my advice be ready to deal with rezzing frustration to the ultimate degree.
Distressed textures- for the walls, yes they do make a home http://slurl.com/secondlife/Ares%20Aglaia/110/103/54 you can also search Distressed on slexchange, because if you are a multi task shopper you have your slexchange a goin, while you are shopping for other things in sl.
THE ARTWORK
And Last but not least... The artwork, I mentioned is by a friend of mine named Aruba DeCuir in SL, her work is not only amazing, but brings life to any room, it can go with all sort of decor and adds that added specialness. Aruba is an incredible generous, passionate, talented and focused tour de force, and I would highly...highly...recommend her pieces for a grunge loft, a carribean home, or a little morrocan inspired spooky cottage, like mine. Her pieces are beyond reasonably priced despite the care and time she takes in crafting each one, her goal like any true artist, is to reach people, and that she does...
I will feature Aruba's artwork in a new post sometime this week, she also is a landowner, and has a wealth of knowledge reguarding Home and Garden stuff here in SL.










No comments:

Post a Comment